"GLib (gthread-posix.c): Unexpected error from C library during 'pthread_mutex_lock': Invalid argument. Aborting. Aborted"

Walker91 armin.schaeffer at opasca.com
Fri Nov 7 07:16:06 PST 2014

Hey Guys,

how are you?

maybe you can help me/give me some hints for this error?
I try to develop a media-application on an embedded system(Leopardboard) ,
which includes video-streaming over TCP

To achieve this, i use this pipeline:

On my Board:

gst-launch -e v4l2src always-copy=false queue-size=3   !
video/x-raw-yuv,width=1280,height=1024 ! ffmpegcolorspace  ! dmaiaccel   !
dmaienc_mjpeg !  multipartmux   !  dmaiperf print-arm-load=true !
tcpserversink  port=8080

On my Host:
gst-launch   tcpclientsrc host=$ip  port=8080 ! multipartdemux !  jpegdec  !
autovideosink

This works great, with one exception:
When i interrupt the pipe by ctrl + c , the Error occurs
"GLib (gthread-posix.c): Unexpected error from C library during
'pthread_mutex_lock': Invalid argument.  Aborting. Aborted"

That would be no problem, but in my application, closing the stream closees
also the whole application and thats not soo good..

Have someone experience with this error and maybe an idea?!

Thank you!

Greetings,

Armin