"GLib (gthread-posix.c): Unexpected error from C library during 'pthread_mutex_lock': Invalid argument. Aborting. Aborted"

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Fri Nov 7 07:45:37 PST 2014

On Fri, 2014-11-07 at 07:16 -0800, Walker91 wrote:

Hi Armin,

> maybe you can help me/give me some hints for this error?
> I try to develop a media-application on an embedded system(Leopardboard) ,
> which includes video-streaming over TCP
>
> To achieve this, i use this pipeline:
>
> On my Board:
>
> gst-launch -e v4l2src always-copy=false queue-size=3   !
> video/x-raw-yuv,width=1280,height=1024 ! ffmpegcolorspace  ! dmaiaccel   !
> dmaienc_mjpeg !  multipartmux   !  dmaiperf print-arm-load=true !
> tcpserversink  port=8080
>
> On my Host:
> gst-launch   tcpclientsrc host=$ip  port=8080 ! multipartdemux !  jpegdec  !
> autovideosink
>
> This works great, with one exception:
> When i interrupt the pipe by ctrl + c , the Error occurs
> "GLib (gthread-posix.c): Unexpected error from C library during
> 'pthread_mutex_lock': Invalid argument.  Aborting. Aborted"

Which of the two pipelines are you interrupting?

> That would be no problem, but in my application, closing the stream closees
> also the whole application and thats not soo good..
>
> Have someone experience with this error and maybe an idea?!

It's probably a bug in one of the GStreamer elements involved.

I would recommend you run gst-launch in a debugger such as gdb (or get a
core dump) to see where the error comes from:

 $ gdb --args gst-launch-0.10 ...
 (gdb) run
 ... wait for abort ..
 (gdb) thread apply all bt
 ... show us this..
 (gdb) kill
 (gdb) quit

(Note: use gst-launch-0.10 not gst-launch when debugging things,
gst-launch is a wrapper binary, which will mess up traces).

 Cheers
  -Tim

PS: you should ideally move to GStreamer 1.x