glimagesink FPS client-redraw

Arnaud Loonstra arnaud at sphaero.org
Sat Nov 15 14:44:15 PST 2014

I'm testing some client-redraw setups similar to the provided cube example:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/tree/tests/examples/gl/generic/cube

When I use a videotestsrc and the glimagesink pipeline I'm getting
around 60 client-redraws per second.
If I change that into a v4l2src for example it drops to around 5 calls
per second.

Although the framerate in the video seems is much higher/normal (I don't
know how to measure that but in the debug it says it uses framerate=30/1)

Any idea why I'm only getting 5 client-redraws per second?
Here's a log of the 5 calls/sec test:

http://pastebin.com/CgAGm8MA

Using latest git on Debian Jessie x86_64.

Rg,

Arnaud

--
w: http://www.sphaero.org