mpeg dash player using gstreamer

Mayank Agarwal mayank77fromindia at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 00:52:36 PST 2014

Hi,

I am trying to implement mpeg dash player using gstreamer.

I came across the following pipeline:

gst-launch \
dashbin location=http://example.com/dash_manifest.mpd \
! qtdemux ! queue ! ffdec_h264 ! xvimagesink

to play mpd file.I want to implement the above pipeline
in the code,and i want the application to switch between
available streams depending on the bandwidth,since each of the
streams come at different bitrate.My doubts are:

1.If i want to accomplish above should i have to implement
dashbin again,studied the dashbin code,it is downloading and parsing
the streams using souphttpsrc and mpdparse elements.
so if i have to modify and reimplement the code as done in dashbin element.

2.How can i accomplish my task by making minimal changes to the above pipeline.

Regards
Mayank