Creating RTSP MJPEG stream

zdravco zdravcop at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 10 05:47:38 PDT 2014

Hello,

I am trying to create RTSP MJPEG stream. My source is a sequence of raw
images.
I have tried with this pipe first:

appsrc name=mysrc ! videoconvert ! jpegenc ! rtpjpegpay pt=96 name=pay0

with the appsrc caps set like this:

g_object_set(G_OBJECT(appsrc), "caps",
gst_caps_new_simple("video/x-raw",
"format", G_TYPE_STRING, "RGB",
"width", G_TYPE_INT, 1280,
"height", G_TYPE_INT, 1024,
"framerate",
GST_TYPE_FRACTION, 10, 1, NULL), NULL);

When I try to play the stream from vlc I get this output (debug level 4)
jpegenc-output.txt
<http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/n4668999/jpegenc-output.txt>
and the output from vlc is this  vlc-output.txt
<http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/n4668999/vlc-output.txt>

I have no problem when streaming h264 (similar pipe and caps). Also, I have
tried to encode to jpeg myself and try to stream with image/jpeg caps and
pipe without jpegenc, but without success.

Can somebody help me with this please?

Thanks,
zdravco