how can I get event in rtspsrc that the network is too slow for the selected bitrate

Jacob S jacobhameiri at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 07:46:24 PDT 2014

Hello,

I am using gst-rtsp-server and clients with rtspsrc ( TCP ) , and I want to
find out if the network is too slow for the stream bitrate.
I can see in the logs that when the traffic is high I get these WARNINGS:

"gstbasesink.c:2789:gst_base_sink_is_too_late:<glimagesink1> warning: There
may be a timestamping problem, or this computer is too slow"

Is this a good way to find out that the network is too slow or is this
warning too generic and can happen from many reasons ?

Thanks
Jacob