Configuration issues while cross-compiling sample plugin gst-0.10

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Wed Oct 29 06:25:17 PDT 2014

Le 2014-10-29 08:12, Subodh Chiwate a écrit :
> Hi, I have an existing sample plugin written for x86. I want to port the
> same for imx6 board. I have the tool chain and the header files on a
> builder machine where I generated the target image. I was able to port
> my test appilcations without much trouble but the plugin configuration
> is proving to be a tough task. Is there any guide or link where the
> general steps for such task are listed. If not any suggestions to make
> porting more systematic.
I'm not sure I understand the question. Most plugin between X86 and ARM
need no porting. If it does, it's very specific to your plugin code.
Obviously, if you trying to build a 1.X plugin against 0.10 GStreamer,
then this is not supported.

Nicolas

p.s. I would like to suggest you looking into gstreamer-imx on github,
that will let you use GStreamer 1.4 hence get better support, and
benefit from actively developed library.