GL plugin SDL example

Arnaud Loonstra arnaud at sphaero.org
Wed Oct 29 11:11:44 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I'm testing the new gl plugins of 1.4. The generic example runs fine
even in Python. Now I'm trying to run the SDL example:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/tree/tests/examples/gl/sdl/sdlshare.c

I can successfully compile it however it gives no output (black screen).
On a intel (gpu) machine it crashes with:

intel_do_flush_locked failed: No such file or directory

I tested with a SNA and UXA backend. Seems a bug the intel driver?
However I can get the colored triangle and blue square by disabling the
texture bind. (l101 & 125)

On a Nvidia GPU it runs but remains black even if I disable the texture
bind.

I've tested on Debian Jessie and Ubuntu Vivid with the provided
Gstreamer packages (1.4.3). GPU's are
GeForce GTX 560 Ti and Intel GM45.

Anybody more success with the gl plugins?

Arnaud
--
w: http://www.sphaero.org
t: http://twitter.com/sphaero