GL plugin SDL example

Julien Isorce julien.isorce at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 00:59:09 PDT 2014

According to the FIXME it seems there is a problem with this example on
Intel gpu. Indeed it requires to use the same display in both the 2 gl
contexts (sdl, gst) to make them share the textures.
There is probably an other way than sdl_info.info.x11.display. You need to
retrieve the display used by sdl to create the sdl gl context.

The fact that it remains black on nvidia gpu can be due to several reasons.
You should check if sdl context is egl or glx. You should check that
sdl_gl_context is valid. The example here assumes that sdl is  glx+opengl.
It could be egl+gles2... Then you should adjust gst_gl_context_new_wrapped
according to it.

Also it should match the gst gl "setup" you selected, using
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/commit/gst-libs/gst/gl?id=707cb5800490a654e16ca683e104c1fb9ea3eb87

A log with GST_DEBUG would help.

What are you trying to achieve ? You have quite a nice infrastructure! The
example is quite old and should be re-written not using fakesink (and this
custom queue mecanism :) ) but it requires to improve glimagesink. I should
open a bug about that...

Good Luck!