Communication between application and filter

Vishvesh Community vishvesh.com at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 09:37:18 PDT 2014

Hi All,
     I have written a simple gstreamer plugin and I use it in my test
application. I would like to call methods defined in my plugin from  my
test application.

   One of the way of doing this is to include the header file of my plug-in
in my test application and store the my plugin instance by its name
(concrete object) instead of gstelement. But I am not sure whether it is
the right approach.

   Are there any other approach by which I can call methods defined in my
plugin?

Thanks and Regards,
Vishvesh