Cerbero: Building GTK+ on OSX

Urs Hofer hoferurs at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 00:58:16 PDT 2014

Hi

I'm building gtk+ (2.24.11) on OSX with cerbero (master).
I'm running on OSX 10.8.5, Xcode 5.1.1
Compilation of the recipe gtk+ failes in two steps:

1. The package atk fails due to not found .gir files. I
temporarily fixed it with simlinking the .gir files one
level up ( . -> ..)

2. The final package gtk+ failes due to a not found
dependency:
–––––––––––––
configure: error: Package requirements (glib-2.0 >= 2.28.0    atk >= 1.29.2    pango >= 1.20    cairo >= 1.6    gdk-pixbuf-2.0 >= 2.21.0) were not met:
No package 'atk' found
Alternatively, you may set the environment variables BASE_DEPENDENCIES_CFLAGS
and BASE_DEPENDENCIES_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
Running command './configure --prefix /Users/urshofer/cerbero/dist/darwin_x86_64 --libdir /Users/urshofer/cerbero/dist/darwin_x86_64/lib --with-included-immodules --disable-gtk-doc --with-gdktarget=quartz  --disable-maintainer-mode  --disable-silent-rules  --enable-introspection  --build=x86_64-apple-darwinx'

It's probably easy to fix, but I'm no expert in that ;) Maybe
the second error is dependent on my first fix.
I assume not many people are using gtk+ on osx, but
for cross-platform developments which initially started
on a linux environment there's still a need.

Best,
Urs