camerabin2 question

Thiago Santos thiagoss at osg.samsung.com
Thu Sep 11 07:23:07 PDT 2014

On 09/10/2014 09:24 AM, Alexander Malaev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using gstreamer 1.2.1 and Python GObject. I'm writing a recorder
> from rtmp stream using camerabin element. I set camera-source to rtmp
> source bin wrapped by wrappercamerabinsrc, but I can't set
> audio-source from the same bin. It writes me that source bin already
> has a parent. If I don't set an audio-source it uses autoaudiosrc,
> instead of audio from source bin.
>
> Here is gist with my code:
> https://gist.github.com/spscream/4df7195a50b0e35ba63e
>
> I think I should make a separate bins for audio and video source, but
> I can't actually figure it out. What is the best way to feed my rtmp
> source to camerabin?

Unfortunately camerabin doesn't support having the same element
providing both video and audio. What I can suggest to do is to link your
audio stream to an appsink and create an appsrc and use that as the
audio source. When you get a buffer from appsink just push it into
appsrc. Remember to set caps to appsrc and proper stream type so it
behaves correctly for this scenario.

> --
> WBR
> Alexander Malaev

Thiago Sousa Santos
Senior Multimedia Engineer, Open Source Group
Samsung Research America - Silicon Valley