problem with compiling the maktroska application using gstreamer

Thiago Santos thiagoss at osg.samsung.com
Mon Sep 22 07:21:52 PDT 2014

On 09/16/2014 05:57 AM, gsksiva21 wrote:
> hai,
> i got the following printed output
> #./mak-video file:///home/cis-70/Videos/0002.mkv
> before pad added
>   after pad added
>   Now playing: file:///home/cis-70/Videos/0002.mkv
> PIPELINE IS AT NULL
>   PIPELINE IS AT Pause
>   PIPELINE IS AT ready
>   Unable to set the pipeline to the playing state.
> #
>
> i'm sure that im facing some pad link issue.. but i cont able to recover
> it..
> kindly bug out the code as i posed earlier and let me know  what are the
> cases need to taken care before pad handling function write..
The pipeline is not getting to playing state, it is likely failing
before data reaches the demuxer. It would have been easy to spot that if
you were not freeing the 'debug' string from the error message.

The problem is that you are setting a full URI "file:/// ..." to filesrc
while it only expects the path.

Looking at GST_DEBUG would also have shown you that.

Regards,

> regards
> siva
>

> --

Thiago Sousa Santos
Senior Multimedia Engineer, Open Source Group
Samsung Research America - Silicon Valley