Changing element property dynamically

Baby Octopus jagadishkamathk at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 00:31:36 PDT 2014

Hi,

Can I change any particular elements property dynamically when the pipeline
is in running state, ofcourse assuming the element supports dynamic changes?

1. Do I need to look for some flag or something in the element property to
know if it can be changed during running state?
2. Can I safely change it, assuming the element might/might not take the new
parameter? Worst case it can still run with the older property without the
pipeline hanging or crashing

~BO