[WebRTC] Muxing vp8 with oggmux fails: header data missing

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Wed Apr 1 05:01:08 PDT 2015

Le mardi 31 mars 2015 à 23:50 -0700, Arjen Veenhuizen a écrit :
> > Should be in the SDP received, not the one generated.
>
> Does that actually make sense? How would one signal a change in
> resolution
> or framerate? As far as I am aware WebRTC does not send an updated SDP
> in
> that case. Furthermore, I have not been able to identify any field in
> the
> SDP file which could possibly hold such info.

You didn't share anything, I can't validate that with you. Config update
happens in the stream. The initial header is put in the SDP so it does
not matter if you loose the first few packets. It is, if I remember,
different between formats, I'm not fully familiar with VP8. Muxers will
most likely not work if they don't have the header in the caps before
any data. *Maybe* the VP8 depayloader need some improvement (e.g. drop
data until a header is found). Refere to the code in that case.

Nicolas