starting android development

Sérgio Agostinho sergio.r.agostinho at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 03:40:15 PDT 2015

Hi Leonardo,

So I downloaded your code, created a new project and imported your 'app'
module into it. Then I noticed your Android.mk had these lines

ifndef GSTREAMER_SDK_ROOT
ifndef GSTREAMER_SDK_ROOT_ANDROID
$(error GSTREAMER_SDK_ROOT_ANDROID is not defined!)
endif
GSTREAMER_SDK_ROOT        := $(GSTREAMER_SDK_ROOT_ANDROID)
endif
GSTREAMER_NDK_BUILD_PATH  :=
$(GSTREAMER_SDK_ROOT)/share/gst-android/ndk-build

which is strange since the env that 1.4.5 uses is

GSTREAMER_ROOT

So I set the env, added

import org.freedesktop.gstreamer.GStreamer;

into your main activity and voilá, the file got copied into the right place
and no more complains about the missing Gstreamer class. Then I noticed you
had the following file and folder structure (from a previous build I guess)

src/main/src/*com/gstreamer/Gstreamer.java*

My preliminary conclusion is that you are not using 1.4.5 and you're using
the android binaries from gstreamer.com.

Cheers,
Sérgio