gst-omx decoding H264 from Logitech C920 stream

Paulo Neves ptsneves at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 06:35:28 PDT 2015

Hi,

I have been using the omx264dec to decode a stream coming from a camera,
the Logitech C920 which provides an h264 stream, in a Raspberry PI.

When I try to decode this stream with omx264dec the video is mostly
corrupted getting a bit better if there is motion in the video.

According to my tests the omx264dec works correctly with Apple's h264
sample file and it also works well decoding video encoded by omxh264enc but
not video encoded by x264enc.

On the other hand I have tried decoding the stream of C920 with avdec_h264
and the output is not corrupted at all, leading me to believe in a omx
decode bug or incompatibility.

This problems are reproducible with gstreamer version of raspbian.

Can anybody suggest a solution or should I file a bug?

Thank you
Paulo Neves