rtmpsink behavior differences between 0.10 and 1.x

Ryan Bedwell ryan.d.bedwell at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 16:49:25 PDT 2015

Hello all,

I have an application where I am receiving audio/video via RTSP, then
sending it on to a server via RTMP.  I have found that the following
pipeline works with GStreamer 0.10, but with GStreamer 1.0 my RTMP server
(Wowza) complains that the data is malformed and closes the connection
immediately after the stream has started.

gst-launch -v flvmux name=mux ! rtmpsink
location=rtmp://<ipaddr>/live/<streamname>  rtspsrc
location=rtsp://<ipaddr>/<streamname> name=src ! rtph264depay ! queue !
video/x-h264 ! mux.  src. ! rtpmp4adepay ! queue ! audio/mpeg ! mux.

A couple of other things that I have found:

* If I modify the pipeline to only send audio or video, it will work using
GStreamer 1.0.
* If I add an extra flvdemux and flvmux (i.e. flvmux -> flvdemux -> flvmux
-> rtmpsink), it will work using GStreamer 1.0.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ryan