rtmpsink behavior differences between 0.10 and 1.x

Thiago Santos thiagoss at osg.samsung.com
Mon Apr 13 07:26:15 PDT 2015

On 04/08/2015 08:49 PM, Ryan Bedwell wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have an application where I am receiving audio/video via RTSP, then
> sending it on to a server via RTMP.  I have found that the following
> pipeline works with GStreamer 0.10, but with GStreamer 1.0 my RTMP
> server (Wowza) complains that the data is malformed and closes the
> connection immediately after the stream has started.
>
> gst-launch -v flvmux name=mux ! rtmpsink
> location=rtmp://<ipaddr>/live/<streamname> rtspsrc
> location=rtsp://<ipaddr>/<streamname> name=src ! rtph264depay ! queue
> ! video/x-h264 ! mux.  src. ! rtpmp4adepay ! queue ! audio/mpeg ! mux.
>
> A couple of other things that I have found:
>
> * If I modify the pipeline to only send audio or video, it will work
> using GStreamer 1.0.
> * If I add an extra flvdemux and flvmux (i.e. flvmux -> flvdemux ->
> flvmux -> rtmpsink), it will work using GStreamer 1.0.
>
> Any ideas?

It looks like a regression/bug. Did you try analyzing what changes in
the flv stream when you add the flvdemux or when there is only video or
audio? Does Wowza provide any extra debug information?

> Thanks,
>
> Ryan

Thiago Sousa Santos
Senior Multimedia Engineer, Open Source Group
Samsung Research America - Silicon Valley