video stuck without sound

aborilov aborilov at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 05:43:05 PDT 2015

Hi!

Why video stuck until first sound packet arrive?

test pipeline:

gst-launch-1.0 uridecodebin uri="rtsp://127.0.0.1:9000/good" name=dec !
queue ! autovideosink async-hangling=true dec. ! autoaudiosink
async-hangling=true

In the real case, I have camera with motiondetector data going in rtsp. I
can simply connect with pipeline

gst-launch-1.0 uridecodebin uri="rtsp://camera_url" caps="video/x-raw;
application/x-rtp, media=application" name=dec ! queue ! xvimagesink dec. !
queue ! application/x-rtp ! fakesink dump=true

but in this pipeline video stuck if there are no motiondetector packet on
connect time.

I think I miss something important. How it shouldwork? How it work if we
have video, but sound only after some time, for example?

Thanks!