GStreamer with Android Studio

Sérgio Agostinho sergio.r.agostinho at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 08:01:29 PDT 2015

Hi Chuck,

The main Java module has a line 'import
> org.freedesktop.something.GStreamer', then later a line GStreamer.init();.
> I don't have a 'org.freedesktop.something.GStreamer', so the import fails
> and GStreamer isn't defined. What did I not do (or did wrong) and what do I
> need to do to fix this.

Assuming the native code libraries are being built and placed in the proper
folder, you should be able to fix your issue by adding the following line
to your Android.mk
GSTREAMER_JAVA_SRC_DIR := java

Also, where do I define the location of my downloaded GStreamer android
> libraries?

Add also the following
GSTREAMER_ROOT := <path_to_the_folder>

Cheers,