Android GStreamer general supporting library error

Eric-BTG eric.chaloin at bt-ground.com
Mon Apr 13 02:55:30 PDT 2015

Hi Daniele,

Seems you are facing "Slice height not set" issue. Decodebin invokes OMX
decoder and fails to init. We have to manually set slice height for
Freescale i-MX6 chip (like it is done for NVidia Tegra 3 chip).

If you have "Slice height not set" error in your log you have to patch
gstamc.c:

See:
http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/How-to-build-libgstandroidmedia-a-and-libgstandroidmedia-la-file-td4666662.html

As suggested by JYbob, you have to patch sys/androidmedia/gstamc.c from bad
plugins:

Line 2739

-    if (g_str_has_prefix (codec_info->name, "OMX.Nvidia."))

+    if (g_str_has_prefix (codec_info->name, "OMX.Nvidia.")
+        || g_str_has_prefix (codec_info->name, "OMX.Freescale."))

Could / should be integrated to mainline for me. (JYbob credits)

Eric