Sub:mpegtsmux pad creation

Thiago Santos thiagoss at osg.samsung.com
Wed Apr 15 10:29:03 PDT 2015

On 04/15/2015 03:04 AM, Buchibabu Bandarupally wrote:
> Does any one help me to get audio pads from mpegtsmux element,i tried
> to get it from templet but every time i am getting video pad
>
> mux_sink_pad_template = gst_element_class_get_pad_template
> (GST_ELEMENT_GET_CLASS (data.muxer), "sink_%d");
>  new_pad = gst_element_request_pad (data.muxer, mux_sink_pad_template,
> NULL, NULL);
>
> after that i am checking for type of pad that i got
>
> fprintf(stderr,gst_pad_get_name (new_pad));
>
> but it always giving video/mpeg

Are you sure? The pad should be named sink_%u, and %u will be replaced
with the PID of the stream. There is no distinction of audio and video
pads here. You can just push the caps event and the data you want into
the pad.

There might be something else wrong with your application or with how
you check your pad's name (you shouldn't need to do it).

> my aim is to mux audio and video streams using mpegtsmux element
> ,using command line pipeline the muxing works properly but
> programmatically i am getting above issue

Thiago Sousa Santos
Senior Multimedia Engineer, Open Source Group
Samsung Research America - Silicon Valley