Segmentation fault in bus sync handler

Anthony Buckley tony.buckley000 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 01:54:57 PDT 2015

Hello All,

I have a problem with a program displaying video from a webcam.
When I build the pipeline and start playing its fine, but I
need to clear, re-build and restart the pipeline in some
circumstances and when I do it causes a 'Segmentation fault (core dumped)'.

Strange thing is it works fine on 2 other computers (one 32 bit and
one 64 bit). The only difference I can see is that the one it fails
on (64 bit) uses VAAPI.
Also if I 'sleep' it before setting the pipeline to PLAY it works.
>From my debug output (below) as far as I can tell the problem looks to be in
the bus sync handler.

I've created a cut-down program (attached) to hopefully
demonstrate the error (apologies for the length, I've stripped as much as I
can).

If anyone would care to try it or has any ideas or can point out that I'm
doing things incorrectly I'd be grateful for any input.

Thanks.

This is what happens when I run it...

./testcoredump

debug set play 1
libva info: VA-API version 0.35.1
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/r600_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_35
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
debug sync 1a  handle 67108880
debug sync 1b
debug sync 1c