videomixer with videotestsrc and udpsrc

philippe renon philippe_renon at yahoo.fr
Tue Apr 28 14:30:52 PDT 2015

Hi,
I am trying to get this pipeline to work on windows with gstreamer 1.4.5
videomixer name=mixer ! videoconvert ! d3dvideosink \   videotestsrc ! video/x-raw, framerate=10/1 ! mixer. \   udpsrc port=5904 ! textrender ! video/x-raw, framerate=10/1 ! mixer.
This pipeline is supposed to mix a simple test source and rendered text from an udpsrc and render at 10fps.

It _kinda_ works but:- the pipeline stays in Paused state when asked to go to Playing state.- need to send 2 udp packets before the pipeline goes into Playing mode- 1st packet will cause the renderer window to appear (but black)- 2nd packet will move the pipeline in Playing state and will display *one* frame- then pipeline will not display any additional frames unless more packets are sent to the udpsrc.

I have tried to add queue or videorate elements in a lot of places but could not get the pipeline to "run".
Philippe.