Changing the pad activate mode to push gives WARNING

DeepakRohan deepak027rohan077 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 02:57:08 PDT 2015

Hi,
      I am trying ot write a gstreamer-1.0 plugin for a parser where I
require to check for tags initially. So I have to change the pad from push
to pull to access the whole file then based on the tags and meta data
obtained I will do the things accordingly. But changing the pad activate
mode from push to pull works after that changing it back to push is giving
some problem.

The code snippet is some what like the below mentioned code
if (gst_pad_activate_mode ( GST_PAD_PEER(sinkpad), GST_PAD_MODE_PULL, TRUE))
{
//tag and metadat parsing
 result = gst_pad_activate_mode ( GST_PAD_PEER(sinkpad), GST_PAD_MODE_PUSH,
TRUE);
//The above statement gives the below mentioned error. The result returned
is FALSE
}

The result of running my parser gives the below error:
(gst-launch-1.0:14101): GStreamer-WARNING **:
Trying to join task 0x9fe6068 from its thread would deadlock.
You cannot change the state of an element from its streaming
thread. Use g_idle_add() or post a GstMessage on the bus to
schedule the state change from the main thread.

After the above warning the task hangs.
It is a push model so I could not understand the meaning of above error.
So can anyone please help me in figuring out the issue and any possible
solution.