Does VADER plugin is obsolete from gstreamer 1.0 ?

Thiago Santos thiagoss at osg.samsung.com
Tue Aug 4 16:39:10 PDT 2015

On 08/04/2015 05:34 AM, Albert Proust wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a newbie about gstreamer and I try to use it  to record voice. I
> have this command line :
> gst-launc-1.0 alsasrc device="sysdefault:CARD:USB" ! vader
> auto_threshold=true ! audioconvert ! audioresample !
> audio/x-raw-int,rate=16000 ! flacenc ! filesink
> location=/tmp/tmpaudio.flac
>
> The main problem is vader doesn’t exist anymore (gst-inspect vader). I
> have compiled gstreamer and all plugins (good, bad, ugly) from git and
> there is no VADER plugin or element. Does this plugin is obsolete ? If
> so, how can I use an equivalent method ?
vader was part of pocketsphinx gstreamer plugin, apparently they removed
it when they ported their plugin to 1.0. Try contacting their community
to check why it was dropped and if they have a recommended replacement.

Unfortunately I don't remember any plugin that replaces it (there might
be, my memory is terrible).

Regards,

> For information, I’m using a Raspi 2.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>

> Albert

Thiago Sousa Santos
Senior Multimedia Engineer, Open Source Group
Samsung Research America - Silicon Valley