Can the CPU of single h264 engine decode the h264 stream data from 4 channel rtsp ?

zhang007z zhang007z at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 03:35:06 PDT 2015

if I write this asynchronous decoding h264 plugin,but I have mainly issue:
because there is only the decoding h264 video engine in this plugin,how to
achieve mutex for only video engine between 4 channel h264 stream.I am not
familiar with the mutiple sink pad plugin such as videomixer plugin.
as follow picture:
                          ___________________
rtsp 1 ----------> |                            |
                         |                             |
rtsp 2 ----------> | my plugin for           |
                         |  decode h264
|------->videobox-------->videomixer---->xvimagesink
rtsp 3 ----------> | with only decoding   |
                          | h264 video engine   |
rtsp 4 ----------> |                             |
                          ————————————
//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------//
as follow approximately pipeline command (not strict,only discussing  to
achieve method )
gst-launch -e videomixer name=mix ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink ! \
rtspsrc name=rtsp_1 ! my_decode_h264 name=my_dec ! videobox ! mix. ! \
rtspsrc name=rtsp_2 ! my_dec. ! videobox ! mix. !    \
rtspsrc name=rtsp_3 ! my_dec. ! videobox ! mix. !    \
rtspsrc name=rtsp_4 ! my_dec. ! videobox ! mix.
this pipeline key issue: I don't understand that how does my plugin create
task to deal  h264 decoding operation for every channel by running
gst-launch  pipeline?  in addition , how does my plugin achieve mutex for
same resource (only one h264 decoding video engine)? how does my plugin know
the mutiple rtsp channel connects to it ? because I don't understand that
gst-launch creates mutiple class instances for same plugin or creates one
class instance ?

Anybody have any idea for me. thank you for spending your time to my issue.