rtmpsink - BrokenPipe Error [Live Streaming to Wowza Streaming Engine]

karan karanlinux at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 5 04:17:30 PDT 2015

Hi Everyone,

I am Building an Live streaming application for IMX6Dual based Custom board.
I am using the following command to stream the video to my server. (with
Wowza Streaming Engine)

*gst-launch-0.10 -v mfw_v4lsrc device=/dev/video0 capture-mode=1 !
"video/x-raw-yuv,width=320,height=240,framerate=30/1" ! vpuenc codec=6
framerate-nu=10 framerate-de=1 force-framerate=true bitrate=300000
seqheader-method=3 !  h264parse config-interval=2 ! queue max-size-buffers=0
max-size-time=0 ! flvmux streamable=true ! rtmpsink
location='rtmp://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:1935/live/streamIMXLiveCam1'*

With this command streaming is happening properly. But after some time, It
closes with *BrokenPipe* Error.

Since It happens too often, Restarting the pipeline dosen't help.

On Debugging I found RTMP_Write() Error occurs while closing. It been said
in other post that this error is responsible for SIGPIPE signal, which
causes broken pipe error.

But I couldn't get a solution for this error.

Can Anyone suggest me Where I am making mistake or How to resolve this Error
?