Add/remove pipeline branches from tee

petesmah peter.dawson5 at baesystems.com
Mon Aug 10 02:54:04 PDT 2015

When I have set GST_DEBUG=6 (and piping that output to a file etc.), the bus
never appears to receive the dataflow error. The same applies for
GST_DEBUG=5.

The branch in question contains the following elements

-> queue -> imxvpudec -> imxipuvideotransform -> videorate -> capsfilter ->
imxvpuenc_h264 -> rtph264pay -> udpsink

I narrowed down the problem to it only occurring when the decode and encode
elements are in the branch (i.e. it works when the decoder to encoder
section is cut out and the queue goes straight to rtph264pay, but not if
queue -> decoder -> encoder -> rtph264pay -> udpsink is implemented).
Following this, I tried with queue -> fakesink, then queue -> imxvpudec ->
fakesink. The latter caused a dataflow error, so I imagine the decoder is
the cause of the issue, but I am not sure how to proceed still.

For information, the decoder and encoder are from a plugin built for a
Freescale iMX processor, to utilise the hardware acceleration for video
encoding.