Building winks on Windows

bwmorris3 bwmorris3 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 07:02:27 PDT 2015

I would like some helping on how we build winks (windows kernel streamer).
Our aim is to enumerate attached video streaming devices (webcams) on
windows. This was possible in gstreamer 0.1 but isn't a feature that works
in the latest official release.

Although we've successfully built bad-plugins DirectShow is commented out of
the build script and when we comment it in it fails to build WinKS. We've
noticed a lot of changes to the head - these seem to be device probe related
and the code looks promising so we'd like to try it out. If anyone has any
instructions on how to build WinKs on windows it would be much appreciated!