Ecplicitly prerolling pipelines..

Rob Kramer rob at solution-space.com
Tue Aug 11 20:35:37 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I'm trying to preroll a pipeline without video output, and some time
later create a xv videosink for it and start playing. The idea is to
have a few cached prerolled pipelines lying around that can be started
instantly, without prerolling delay.

When I preroll to paused state with a fake videosink attached and then
assign a new "video-sink" property to the playbin (with the real
videosink), the pipeline does not seem to change the sink at all, i.e.
it retains the fakesink. Is changing "video-sink" on the fly supported
functionality?

I've read
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/manual/html/section-dynamic-pipelines.html,
but that seems to not use playbin at all..

I'm using gstreamer 1.4. Am I using the right approach here, or am I
complicating things?

Cheers,

      Rob