Compiling a debug version of GStreamer 1.5.2 on Windows

Harry mckameh at wanadoo.fr
Tue Aug 11 09:07:07 PDT 2015

Sebastian,

To my way of thinking, it doesn't make any sense to use mingw for creating Windows DLLs.
We Windows developers normally use Visual Studio, so without distributing a Visual Studio debug version, getting good bug reports on Windows is rather hopeless for you.

I don't mind fixing a reasonable number of Visual Studio compile errors and contributing to the project, but the problems I'm encountering are more serious than that.

- Do you mean to say that the Visual Studio projects found in "...\gstreamer-1.5.2\win32" are useless?
- If they are not, could the person who created them publish some sort of user guide?

Harry