GLimagesink in a widget

Matthew Waters ystreet00 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 15:12:41 PDT 2015

On 14/08/15 18:09, Nuzut wrote:
> Well another option for me is to draw the video output on top of the widget
> (kind of like it's floating). Could you recommend something like that? I've
> tried GLimagesink and FBDevsink, neither will draw anywhere else other than
> the center of the screen. It'd be cool if I had a way of setting some
> properties and moving their windows around. It needs to be something
> hardware accelerated though.

Floating windows is not a great way to render a video into a GUI toolkit
as you will not be able to synchonize window moves or resizes properly.
You really need to have a sink that deals with how you want to use the
GL texture and the GUI toolkit specific operations for it.  Dispmanx
windows are created by default on the rpi in glimagesink which currently
will show up in the centre of the screen.  Adding properties is never
going to be cross platform as on wayland, you are unable to position
your window yourself.  You can try glimagesink with different window
systems, e.g. setting GST_GL_WINDOW=x11 or GST_GL_WINDOW=wayland for
example and see if that changes things for you.

-Cheers
Matt