Streaming RTP video with MTU property set

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Aug 18 02:04:37 PDT 2015

On Di, 2015-08-18 at 10:18 +0530, Prasad Bhat wrote:
> Hi Sebastian,
> Unfortunately mtu is fixed in this case, and is around 700 bytes. I
> am able to stream H264 for 30-40 seconds now. After that the decoder
> reports corrupted data. But in case of H263 I am getting errors from
> the beginning.
> Does the limited mtu have an effect on it? Do I need to collect
> enough data in a buffet before passing it on to next element?
> Hi Chuck,
> I am setting mtu on the Payloader itself. Sorry I was not clear about
> it in the mail.

You don't have to do anything other than setting that property. Please
check if the buffers that you get from the payloader are actually all
smaller than the MTU or if there's a bug in the MTU handling.

If you get buffers of the correct size, check if you can directly
depayload and decode them again (without going over the network)
without problems.

If that also works your problem is likely somewhere at the network
layer.