Compiling a debug version of GStreamer 1.5.2 on Windows

Harry mckameh at wanadoo.fr
Wed Aug 19 03:08:12 PDT 2015

Thanks to Josh & Nicolas for their explanations.

I have done some research into the question of debugging mingw under VS and have found :

1. The mingw -gcoff option produces debugging information that might be understood by the MS debugger in a limited way (might be worth trying).

2. CMake (http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake#Tutorials) generates native makefiles and workspaces in many compiler environments.
I don't know how applicable it is to your project, or whether you could use it as a future cross-platform solution.

3. The CodeProject article "Automatically Translate makefile C/C++ Project for Visual Studio" offers a rudimentary solution (http://www.codeproject.com/Tips/870845/Automatically-Translate-makefile-C-Cplusplus-Proje).
I mention it even if it is unlikely to be good enough for the job.

4. The cv2pdb project (https://github.com/rainers/cv2pdb) might be useful.