gst_init() crtical error

Thiago Santos thiagoss at osg.samsung.com
Wed Aug 19 11:07:29 PDT 2015

On 08/19/2015 03:51 AM, stevesujr wrote:
> hi everyone
> I have met a problem when
> I using the freescale imx platform with gstreamer.
>
> I wrote a simple program which only call gst_init();
> but I got the following error message.
> (gst-plugin-scanner:1309): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: cannot register existing
> type 'GstVorbisDec'
>
> (gst-plugin-scanner:1309): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave: assertion
> 'result != 0' failed
>
> (gst-plugin-scanner:1309): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_register:
> assertion 'g_type_is_a (type, GST_TYPE_ELEMENT)' failed
This is likely because you are mixing gstreamer 0.10 and 1.0 in the same
application. Make sure your build tools are using only one of those
versions (please use 1.0, 0.10 is old and unmantained).

It is possible to have both installed in your system but one application
can only use one of them.

Regards,

> MAX resolution 1024x768
> gst_api_test S
> pv pipeline init E
> does anyone has any idea about this problem?
> thanks for your help.
>

> --

Thiago Sousa Santos
Senior Multimedia Engineer, Open Source Group
Samsung Research America - Silicon Valley