Portable version of GStreamer 1.5.2 on Windows

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Fri Aug 21 07:43:43 PDT 2015

On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 8:19 AM, Harry <mckameh at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> In short, how to create a portable installation for GStreamer (or semi-portable if some registry work is required).

I've never had issues running GStreamer in this way, at least as of
version 1.4.3, you definitely don't need to touch the registry. I'd
guess you're having an issue with Windows' DLL search order. Before
trying this with your complete app, try it with just gst-launch, with
the exact same environment as your app. Also look into Dependency
Walker, maybe there's some strangeness going on with what DLLs are
being loaded.