Some advice on gstreamer cctv recorder

Krutskikh Ivan stein.hak at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 09:16:27 PDT 2015

Hi everyone!

I want to to develop a cctv recording daemon using python and gstreamer 1.0
which would:

1) Buffer about 10-30s of live video with queue/queue2 element

2) Dynamically attach and detach file sinks with mpeg ps containers either
by timer every 3 minutes or by receiving an event on tcp socket from motion
detection server.

3) Convert files to mp4 fast start container after data writing is done. (
maybe i can use ffmpeg magic for this)

4) If the source pad is http/ mjpeg, i would like to dump jpeg pictures
without reencoding them from raw video with specified rate. (This is
optional for legacy support)

5) Attach audio from rtsp alaw/ulaw to finished files. I know thet mp4 does
not allow alaw/ulaw so i should encode audio to mp3 in real time as well

I need suggestion and python examples to all of those features, but
specially for 2, 3, 4 and 5.

Thanks in advance!