troubles with gstreamer installation from Cerbero!

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Aug 26 01:43:15 PDT 2015

On Di, 2015-08-25 at 09:19 -0700, Giacomo D wrote:
> Thanks Sebastian!
> I solved the "bootstrap" and "package gstreamer1.0" steps. I
> installed all the packages and I'm trying to install base, bad, good
> and ugly plugins from source in cerbero clone...is it correct?
> I have no problems with base and ugly plugins, while, when I try with
> bad and good I get some failures like in the log files:

After "package gstreamer-1.0", you should have some RPM or DEB files
generated which you could then install. Don't install them on your
build machine though.

You can then use the GStreamer that is installed in this custom prefix
(whatever you set as prefix in your cerbero configuration). As with
everything on Linux, you need to ensure that actually those new
libraries are used and not the ones from your system, e.g. by setting
LD_LIBRARY_PATH accordingly. That looks like the problem you're facing
here, the tests seem to use the system libraries instead which are too
old.

You can also use "./cerbero-uninstalled shell" to get an environment
that has everything set up properly.