Portable version of GStreamer 1.5.2 on Windows

Harry mckameh at wanadoo.fr
Wed Aug 26 06:38:49 PDT 2015

Josh,

If GStreamer scans my entire folder, this is an argument for separating plugins in a sub-folder.

If my understanding is correct, then there are 3 folders involved :

1. "bin" - which contains the basic software
2. "lib" - which contains the plugins, to which points GST_PLUGIN_PATH
3. The parent folder of both, pointed-to by GSTREAMER_1_0_ROOT_X86,
   through which are found the above two as sub-folders
   (GST_PLUGIN_PATH is then not required).

I suppose that the solution would be to add in my program something like:
  setenv("GSTREAMER_1_0_ROOT_X86", "./gstreamer-1.0");
where my sub-folder gstreamer-1.0 will contain "bin" and "lib".

I note that "bin" and "lib" contain (besides other unrelated files) DLLs in sub-folders :
  modules\libgiognutls.dll
  validate\libgstvalidatefaultinjection.dll

I strongly urge a cleaner folder-structure that is easier for portable deployment.