gleffects gst-1.5.90-plugin-bad

Matthew Waters ystreet00 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 19:17:21 PDT 2015

On 26/08/15 01:17, Hamdi Rakkez wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm using now gstreamer1.5.9 on ubuntu 14.04 and I've realized
> that *gst_gl_effects_get_fragment_shader* function have changed since
> gst-1.5.0.
>
> The problem now is when changing the kernel array to whatever
> combination I want, I'm not getting results that I used to have with
> gst-1.5.0.
>
> Please explain why this modification
> in *gst_gl_effects_get_fragment_shader* and how can I get old results
> with those modifications.

1. We're not mind readers so any hint as to what you believed has
changed would be helpful.
2. We're not mind readers so any code that show what you're attempting
to do would be helpful.
3. We're not mind readers so any shaders you're attempting to use would
be helpful.
4. We're not mind readers so any uniforms/attributes you're attempting
to pass into the shader would be helpful.
5. Elements have no guarantee of API/ABI stability of internal functions
like gst_gl_effects_get_fragment_shader().

Chances are though that you simply would need to write your fragment
shader in a GLES2 compatible way like all the other gleffects shaders
for use with your gleffects modification.

Cheers
-Matt