plugin making guide

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Dec 14 00:59:48 PST 2015

On Fr, 2015-12-11 at 22:35 +0600, Yakov Sudeikin wrote:
> Please help to get started with plugins.
>
> ../tools/make_element seems outdated, and gives this kind of error:
>
> make[2]: *** No rule to make target 'mysink.c', needed by
> 'libmysink_la-mysink.lo'.  Stop.
>
> I am doing everything by the numbers as said in the docs.

Do you have the file named mysink.c? Or is it called different? Without
the actual files it's hard to help you here.

> And for the ./gst-element-maker from -bad I cannot find any
> documentation.

Run it without arguments and then it explains what you need to do.

For example run it as ./gst-element-maker mysink basesink

There is also another script to set up an autotools based build system
and a plugin for you.