plugin making guide

Luis de Bethencourt luisbg at osg.samsung.com
Mon Dec 14 08:35:20 PST 2015

Yakov Sudeikin writes:

> Please help to get started with plugins.
>
> ../tools/make_element seems outdated, and gives this kind of error:
>
> make[2]: *** No rule to make target 'mysink.c', needed by
> 'libmysink_la-mysink.lo'.  Stop.
>
> I am doing everything by the numbers as said in the docs.
>
> And for the ./gst-element-maker from -bad I cannot find any documentation.
>
> Thank you.

I just tried using the make_element script as explained here:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/pwg/html/section-boiler-project-stamp.html

Creating a gstmysink.c (instead of the gstmyfilter.c in that page) and it
worked well.

Which pluging making guide are you reading?

Thanks,
Luis