Text relocation in Android gstreamer library: error compilation after API=23

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Dec 23 00:41:39 PST 2015

On Mo, 2015-12-21 at 14:51 -0800, Gregoire Gentil wrote:
> I'm fine to keep android-22 but I think that the importance of this
> bug should be raised up because Android-23 doesn't consider it any
> more as a warning but as an error and it prevents from working,

It should be fixed at some point indeed, but so far nobody showed much
interest in fixing it and it's also not really urgent yet. If you want
to help with that, as a first step getting in touch with the ffmpeg and
x264 projects would be good.

It's going to be another few years until people seriously start
targetting Android API 23. That's maybe 0.1% of the devices out there
that currently support it and you probably don't want to limit your app
to those.