Re: I see GStreamer Plugin Writer’s Guide PDF file, I don't understand mechanism that how do the element pad ask for (requests) sometimes and request pad on peer pad?

Ian Davidson id012c3076 at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Dec 25 03:48:31 PST 2015

The element which creates the sometimes pad will raise a 'pad_added' signal.

Before you start your pipeline, you need to configure that element using
a g_signal_connect so that you can detect that the pad has been added.
In your signal handler, you will check which type of pad has been added
(is it audio or video for example), so that you can link it to the
appropriate flow.