Unable to play any video format using Gstreamer 1.0 with Qt 5.5.1

spsingh sukhvinder.pal at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 04:29:01 PST 2015

I have compiled qt 5.5.1 with gstreamer 1.0 and plugins bad, on linux 3.10
custom distro. When trying to play video of any format I get warnings like
"No decoder available for type 'video/quicktime, variant=(string)iso'."

I also have libav plugin installed. And it shows it supports the video
format.

Using debug logs I see that the feature is added

"GST_REGISTRY gstregistry.c:587:gst_registry_add_feature:<registry0>^[[00m
adding feature 0x1110e80 (video/quicktime)"

I am not sure how to troubleshoot this, i am totally stuck, please help.

The complete logs are below:

gstreamer1.log
<http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/n4675025/gstreamer1.log>