"no property profile in element x264enc" on Windows

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sun Dec 27 23:45:47 PST 2015

On Sa, 2015-12-26 at 06:38 -0800, doon wrote:
> I am trying to encode video from webcam using x264enc with profile
> property
> on Windows:
>
> gst-launch-1.0 ksvideosrc ! videoconvert ! x264enc profile=1 ! queue
> ! fakesink
>
> but get error:
>
> WARNING: erroneous pipeline: no property "profile" in element
> "x264enc0"
>
> I already tried to reinstall gstreamer and gstreamer-devel with all
> plugins but it didn't help. How I can set H.264 profile on Windows?

The x264enc element does not have a profile property. It had in 0.10
but that was removed in 1.x in favour of configuring profiles (and
other stream specific properties that often have to be negotiated) via
caps. It's not a Windows specific problem but intentional.

Try using
... ! x264enc ! "video/x-h264,profile=baseline" ! ...