RTP and RTSP for playback and seeking via network

doon don-prog at mail.ru
Tue Dec 29 20:01:11 PST 2015

I want to create a remote media player which will receive media data from the
network and playback it. For this aim I can just use tcpclientsink(sender)
and tcpserversrc(receiver) but I also need to seek media which not been
loaded yet(if user want to seek video to 50% but file loaded on 25% then
player should abort current buffering and start buffering from the 50% -
just like Youtube), so I think I need to use RTP and RTSP.
Is this a good choice? Because I know that RTSP used for streaming media but
not for playback and seeking(I haven't heard about it).
What are the alternatives?
In advance thanks!