Question about integrating proprietary h264 encoders in gstreamer

Ottavio Campana o.campana at videotec.com
Tue Feb 3 03:19:15 PST 2015

Hello,

I have a proprietary encoder on a SoC that compress with H264. I am thinking about wrapping the whole encoding process in a single source that outputs compressed frames.

My idea is to have a fifo that is filled by the proprietary code and that is read by a gstreamer element that injects nal units in the gstreamer pipeline.

Do you think is doable?

Is there any element in gstreamer that can help me do this?

Thank you

Ottavio